Friday, November 4, 2011

Carving Pumpkins!

This year we decided to just let the boys pick out there very own pumpkins so we can help them carve them! Great idea! Lucas had a blast carving his pumpkin! He cleaned it out the best that he could, and new what he wanted! I of course had to help him out by poking the carving tool through the pumpkin so he can saw down to make the eyes!
The boys are super excited!

Okay, super duper excited!
Can you tell by Ryers Face!

Lucas had a blast! At first he was not too sure about the slimy pumkin seeds inside the pumpkin but in the end he got his hands dirty and did such a great job! I was really proud of him!



He was so proud of himself for carving out one eye of his pumpkin!
After carving one eye I helped cut the mouth out then he took the piece out!
Great team work, I think!


Ryker really liked his pumpkin the way it was! Once I cut the top off the pumpkin he wasn't sure what to do with it! But once Lucas and I reasured him he got into it a little! I am really proud of how he really stepped up to being a big boy!
He was not very happy!

Still isn't sure why everything is sticky!

He seems to be getting better!

Lucas encouraging him it's okay!


Finally engaged into doing it himself!

Good Job Ryker!

In the end the boys had lots of fun carving there pumpkins! It was a bit of a relief once finished but a fun experience! Hoping next year will be just as fun! Love my boys!
Buster and Chomper got a hold of some pumpkin seeds and they seem to really enjoy them! lol...Silly dogs!

Happy Halloween Everyone!
I am sure everyone had a blast on Halloween!
Lucas pumpkin is on the Left, Rykers (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment