Sunday, August 23, 2015

It's been a while......

I can't believe the last time I wrote in my blog was in 2013!! Boy has a lot happened since then! We've moved a few times as well and met some amazing people in our travels and hope to meet more in our recent move!

Before our Big move from California-Florida we celebrated Lucas' 6th Birthday and Michael's 40th!!

This is what I was writing in 2013 but never posted:
I love talking to my 6 year old! We never have a dull conversation. He has been talking to me in full sentences since he was 1! Oh, how I love every moment and every second of each conversation! He is so silly sometimes, wait not sometimes pretty much all of the time. The first thing in the morning when I wake up is his sweet voice telling me Good morning Mama! If he doesn't get a response fast enough he starts to sing a song that I had sang to him when he was 1 and still do to this day.  It goes a little something like this, "Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning to you! (clap, Clap), Good morning, Good morning, Good Morning to you! It's time to get up......pretty basic song, but its something that we share and love. We even have a song for brushing our teeth! (we brush, brush our teeth, we brush, brush our teeth , we brush our teeth so nice and clean to keep the germs away!!!) But who doesn't have a song for that! I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to know that I have a sensitive, loving, smart, silly, brave and creative 6 year old.

I know that I overdo Birthdays for my boys. It's because I love them so much and because I love doing all of the crafts that come along. I absolutely love every part of planning, creating and seeing the final result. But Lucas' 6th Birthday was kind of a big deal! We knew there was a possibility that we would be moving to Florida. We did not know for sure. But I wanted to give Lucas the best Birthday possible with all of his favorite friends. I was surprised that everyone we invited to his Birthday showed up but 1 person. What are the chances of that! Usually when you plan for parties not everyone can make it. This just shows how much Lucas is loved not just by us and his family but by his friends! We had 18 kids show up! I am not one to invite that many kids, but you have to consider most of his friends have siblings and I wanted to include them. I myself have 2 kids and I am not at that point where I am ready to just drop them off at a party where siblings are not allowed to attend. So, with that said I didn't want a friend of Lucas' not be able to come because his or her parent did not have a sitter for the 2nd child. Plus, Lucas was friends with his friends sibling. We had well over 50 people. But it was so worth it in the end. We did however have to rent 2 table and 24 chairs, and a jumper. Because there was no way 18+2(Lucas and Ryker) would fit in our above ground pool that measures 10x30!!! This party couldn't have been better other then maybe the temperature. It's always been hot on Lucas' birthday! That's probably why we have had pool b-days/and waterslide kind of b-days. This year, Lucas specifically asked for a Seahawk Party!!! This made Michael one proud Dad! He was so excited hear that his oldest son wanted a Seahawk Party! So, I decided to go big or go home! lol....When I think football, I think Jerseys. But there was no way I was going to buy jerseys or get shirts made at a shop. That would be ridiculously expensive. So, I decided to make t-shirts myself. Call me crazy all you want. But I loved every second of it!  Michael told me to forget about it, he said I was killing myself. Crafting, painting, or running are things that keep my mind busy. It really is joy to my heart! The end result is a sense of accomplishment and the endless smile I see at the end of day from my sons. Who by the way praised me while I was making them. I knew he appreciated all of the work that I have done to make his birthday a special one. His birthday was a big deal. It was his big bang. He got to spend his day with all of his best friends! Some we have known since he was 1 years old, the Hazards and the Arnett's!

 

Lucas with his new Seahawk Gear!!
 
 
This was such a fun Birthday Party! For living in Southern California there were not a lot of Seahawk Fans! So, I thought why not make shirts with the Seahawk logo on the front and the last name of each child who came to Lucas' Birthday! Some parents weren't too excited about their children wearing Seahawk Gear but loved the idea! It was a lot of work but all worth it in the end!
 



 

Just some of the kids rocking the T-shirt
1 football Game
 
 Rented a waterslide
Overall it was a great time with Neighbor friends and Friends from Lucas's school! Lucas had a blast with all of his friends!
 
 
Mike was turning 40 and I wanted to make it a special Birthday! So, I decided to give him a Surprise Birthday Party! He has to be one of the hardest people to give one to! Obviously, I needed to have the Surprise party earlier then his actual birthday because we were moving to Florida. I had his birthday online invitations out and people have booked their flights or were driving down for his Big 40th!
Mike then wanted to move the moving dated on the Day of his party! I then protested and said there is No way we can move that day! We haven't finished packing and the kids weren't ready to move! He then decided that I was right!
It all worked out in the end! Mike was pleasantly surprised and even shed some tears of joy that his family from Washington came out to celebrate with him!
 
 
 








 
 
Some of our neighbors threw us a Going Away Party for us too!
 




 


 

 
In my next blog I will take you on our Road Trip to Florida!
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment